EA Value Model
The Nestan EA Value Model helps to unlock the power and value of enterprise architecture in the IT Value Chain. This is an useful marketing tool to sell the values and services of EA to the business and IT communities.
This model covers:
- Activities in IT Value Chain
- EA roles in each IT activities
- EA value created by performing the EA roles
We have developed an Android app called EA Value, which explains the EA Value adding in IT Value Chain. Please check out the EA Value app information page.
IT Strategic Planning Methodology
Nestan IT Strategic Planning Methodology uses an enterprise architecture approach to translate the business strategies into IT actions. Based on the future business operating model, the supporting IT initiatives and a roadmap are identified.
The key planning processes are:
- Define future business operating model to support business strategies
- Analyse current state covering applications, technology and projects
- Identify future state requirements on applications, data and technology
- Analyse gaps between current and future states to identify IT initiatives
- Plan IT initiatives transition and develop IT roadmap
Portfolio Analysis Methodology
Our methodology analyses an application portfolio in a top-down manner using 4 different dimensions with a total of 25+ factors. The dimensions are as follow:
- Business Values
- Application Risks
- Technical Conditions
- Operating Costs
Information for each application is captured and analysed, and then the whole portfolio can be visualised in various ways. The analysis allows the senior management for example to determine whether to evolve/maintain, modernise, retire/consolidate or reposition the applications.
To learn a bit more about our methodology, you can check out our presentation.
We have also made available a FREE Application Portfolio Manager (Cloud Edition) that is developed based on our methodology.
IT Standards Development Methodology
Our methodology covers the following areas:
- Planning & Communication
- Taxonomy customisation
- Standards collection (e.g. products, patterns)
- Assimiliation & repository population
- Publication & visualisation
- Lifecycle & roadmap
Nestan IT Taxonomy classifies IT Technology into seven domains.
- System Management
Each domain is further broken down into disciplines, technology areas (and sub-areas).
Information Management Framework
Nestan Information Management Framework classifies IT information into 5 disciplines:
- Information Environment
- Enterprise Information Architecture
- Enterprise Information Management
- Enterprise Data Architecture
- Application Data Architecture
Each discipline performs specific roles in the information community.